This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under feature request (I want ...)

The discussion board is going to be shut down by March 31 2014.

If you have any question about #SNMP, please go to StackOverflow and use sharp-snmp tag.

Assembler very slow

first post: twtb wrote: Isn't it possible to create a much faster assembler?

latest post: lextm wrote: The assembler can be made faster, but this has been implemented onl...

answered by: lextm wrote: It is possible to make it faster (by compiling MIB documents to spe...

Discovery with multiple network cards

first post: KlausGuetter wrote: Discoverer.Descover() does not specify the Network Interface where ...

latest post: lextm wrote: Patches are welcome in this area.

Needed OID Description

first post: abhinayabhi wrote: I am parsing the SNMPv-2 oid's for the sysUPTime while getting the ...

Getting value for a single OID from the SNMP Device.

first post: tech_explore wrote: How can I get the value for a single OID from the SNMP Device.

latest post: lextm wrote: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/468892/An-introduction-to-sharp...

answered by: lextm wrote: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/468892/An-introduction-to-sharp...

How to discover many snmp agents

first post: rajeevk40 wrote: there is discover method in #snmp library to discover an agent. b...

latest post: lextm wrote: SNMP discovery is not part of SNMP standard. The common practice is...

answered by: lextm wrote: SNMP discovery is not part of SNMP standard. The common practice is...

Need an option for disabling SNMP V3

first post: sivaprasadsnair wrote: Hi, First of all thank you very much for the excellent library. I...

latest post: sivaprasadsnair wrote: Hi, Thank you very much for the reply. I am using the library in my...

answered by: lextm wrote: If you use the library in your simulator, you can avoid calling the...

Add parameter range

first post: twtb wrote: Hi, for one of my projects I need the range of a MIB node. For exam...

latest post: lextm wrote: As far as I know, in .NET open source world there is none.

answered by: lextm wrote: That's covered by SharpSnmpPro.Mib, https://sharpsnmplib.codeplex....

Configurable EngineId, SNMPv3 Discovery and SNMP exception.

first post: ddou wrote: Hi Lextm, #SNMP is a good SNMP stack on .NET platform, and we are ...

latest post: lextm wrote: If you review the constructor of a typical SNMP v3 message, such as...

answered by: lextm wrote: Hi, Thanks for the feedback. For EngineId, you can feel free to mod...

i don´t understandign create a mib??

first post: Dommi wrote: Hi. I have a question, How do I generate the .mib? I 've already d...

latest post: Dommi wrote: I work with .net, you have reason the file .mib not create necessar...

answered by: lextm wrote: The goal of #SNMP is to support existing MIB documents, but not cre...

Port to MonoMobile (MonoTouch MT and MonoForAndroid MA)

first post: moljac wrote: Hi everyone I'm about to finish port to MM. There are still few is...

latest post: moljac wrote: Hi Lex Sorry for delay, but my PoC got cancelled because of some po...

answered by: lextm wrote: Hi mel, I started to test out Mono for Android and I finished the ...