This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Tables in the Browser? Walking?

Topics: feature request (I want ...)
Jul 16, 2008 at 2:32 AM
Hi,

I managed to compile the newest code and played a little bit around with it. At first I have to admire your great work you've done here!

A few questions:

- how can I walk in the browser? I only can get / set.
- If I want to "get" in a table which has columns, I always get "error in response" with errorcode nosuchname
- can you load MIBs on demand? Should be easy to not have them compiled statically in the resources. A file dialog would be nice.
- If I am asked for an index in a table which has columns, I always have to abort it so it takes the index. Better would be, if you would implement an ok-button. But thats just a little bit. More important for me is the walk / getnext issue for managing tables

It makes fun to look through the code. Good job !!!

Best Regards,

Josef

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 5:13 AM
Hi Josef,

Thank you for trying #SNMP. The MIB browser is still under development, so I hope most problems you met lately can be fixed in the coming weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My comments are embedded.

- how can I walk in the browser? I only can get / set. (lextm: soon you can do that)
- If I want to "get" in a table which has columns, I always get "error in response" with errorcode nosuchname (lextm: it should be forbidden to "get" on a table node or an entry node and I am going to ensure that in future versions.)
- can you load MIBs on demand? Should be easy to not have them compiled statically in the resources. A file dialog would be nice. (lextm: in the future versions, I will surely allow you to load MIB documents on demand, but the default documents IMHO should be loaded by default. Otherwise, you need to load so many default MIB documents manually :-).)
- If I am asked for an index in a table which has columns, I always have to abort it so it takes the index. Better would be, if you would implement an ok-button. But thats just a little bit. More important for me is the walk / getnext issue for managing tables (lextm: the OK button will be added later. And I am going to provide a Table view for tables instead of Walk in the future like the commercial browsers.)
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:15 PM