KB 600006 How to compile source code on openSUSE
This article describes how to compile #SNMP on openSUSE.Due to an xbuild bug, https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3055, #SNMP 7.5 cannot be compiled on openSUSE.
You may check out the source code using Git, from https://github.com/lextm/sharpsnmplib or download the ZIP package from the GitHub page.
You can get openSUSE with Mono installed from here
. Either VMware image or Virtual PC image is recommended, because you don't need to build the openSUSE environment on your own.
You can follow these steps to build #SNMP,
- Open Properties window for prepare.sh.
- In Permissions tab, check the box for Allow executing file as program and click Close.
- Do the same for release.sh.
- Execute prepare.sh in the terminal.
- Execute release.sh to build the source code.
The compiled binaries are in the bin folder.
VB.NET projects cannot be compiled under Mono at this moment.
Only tested on openSUSE 11.4 with Mono 2.10.1.