KB 600006 How to compile source code on openSUSE
This article describes how to compile #SNMP on openSUSE.
Due to an xbuild bug,
https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3055, #SNMP 7.5 cannot be compiled on openSUSE.
You may download the source code from
You can get openSUSE with Mono installed from
You can follow these steps to build #SNMP,
- Open Properties window for prepare.sh.
- In Permissions tab, check the box for Allow executing file as program and click Close.
- Do the same for release.sh.
- Execute prepare.sh in the terminal.
- Execute release.sh to build the source code.
The compiled binaries are in the bin folder.
VB.NET projects cannot be compiled under Mono at this moment.
Only tested on openSUSE 11.4 with Mono 2.10.1.