- #SNMP MIB Browser is updated to better work with snmpd.
- Issue 5777 is resolved.
- Issue 5020 is resolved.
- #SNMP Agent project (snmpd) is significantly improved, which is an SNMP agent reference implementation that
- supports logging.
- supports several SNMP objects.
- uses a pipeline to handle incoming requests.
- handles SNMP v1/v2c requests.
Changes from 3.1:
SELECT METHODS WHERE CodeWasChanged OR WasAdded
We changed a lot of code, which shows the suite evolution is still fast. (The Library is stable now, but the Browser, Compiler and Agent are moving fast.)
New Core Public Types
SELECT TYPES FROM ASSEMBLIES "SharpSnmpLib", "SharpSnmpLib.Controls", "SharpSnmpLib.Mib" WHERE IsPublic AND WasAdded
Only one new types is introduced in 4.0. That is the SearchResult class. You will use it more and more in the future, as we recommend IObjectTree.Search.
SELECT ASSEMBLIES WHERE WasAdded
Only one assembly is added to our binary release package. That is snmpd.exe, our SNMP agent reference design.
New Public Types
SELECT TYPES WHERE WasAdded AND IsPublic
We have a few new types here except for SearchResult,
- WatchDog: This is a class that works as a hardware watch dog. The Browser utilizes it to monitor the module folder for changes. Without it, changes occurring in a short period of time cause a sequence of UI updates. It can be extended to provide more functionality. (Note that this class is released under MIT license and distributed in a standalone source file.)
- AccessFailureException: This is an exception type used snmpd for read-only or write-only SNMP objects.
New Public Namespaces
SELECT NAMESPACES WHERE WasAdded AND IsPublic
Two namespaces are added,
- Lextm.Common: This namespace currently only contains WatchDog class.
- Lextm.SharpSnmpLib.Agent: This namespace contains all agent side relevant classes, such as SnmpApplication, SnmpContext and so on.