This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to compile, The referenced component 'Lextm.Common' could not be found

Topics: bug report (break and fix), usage (how to ...)
Dec 10, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2008 at 3:01 AM
After update source code from SVN change set "17531" when i try to compile i have warning message like this...

"Warning    16    Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Lextm.Common". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.    SharpSnmpLib"
"Warning    17    The referenced component 'Lextm.Common' could not be found."

so a lot of rest errors happening and the other project cloud not be build successfully.

I was checkout SVN to get new whole source code and compile again but there are still same error and warning messages like above.
I use MS Visual Studio 2005 and Windows Vista SP1.

ps. I'm Thai so please ignore my English grammar and tense.

Edit:
reopen with SharpDevelop and i get this error:
"Error loading code-completion information for Lextm.Common from D:\Projects\sharpsnmplib\lib\Lextm.Common.dll:
Could not find assembly file."
I have navigate to "D:\Projects\sharpsnmplib\lib" and the "lextm.common.dll" doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
Dec 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM
parnz,

Could you try 17569? I didn't try to build 17531, but 17569 compiled fine for me. I am using XP and VS 2005. But that shouldn't matter. Let me know if the new changeset works. Thanks!
Dec 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Thanks for suggestion

I was checkout the lasting source from svn At revision: 17597 and still won't work.
then I try copy Lextm.Common.dll from the previous build (not remember exactly no. of revision) on my friend's computer to "D:\Projects\sharpsnmplib\lib"
and the warning message "Lextm.common.dll cloud not be found." has gone.
But I'm not sure the Lextm.Common.dll from the previous build is compatible with revision: 17597

And again, I'm Thai so please ignore my English grammar and tense. :)

any idea? Thanks in advance.
Developer
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM
parnz,

It seems like maybe you are getting errors compiling the sharpsnmplib project. could you just compile that one project in the solution and post the output for me? Thanks!
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2008 at 7:29 AM
Thanks lister.
Ok here it is output if lextm.common.dll not exist in "sharpsnmplib\lib\"
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6276/19347972du7.jpg

if I put lextm.common.dll (from previous build) in "sharpsnmplib\lib\" as I told before, warning "Lextm.common.dll cloud not be found." has gone.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1473/36433035sz9.jpg

and this is output:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/488/11285000mq7.jpg

but I don't know about that error message.

Thanks you.
parnz

Developer
Dec 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM
parnz,

So it looks like sharpsnmplib isn't being built because it doesn't know what ExceptionRaisedEventArgs is. Do you have the file "ExceptionRaisedEventArgs.cs" in your sharpsnmplib project? And if you right click on the ExceptionRaisedEventArgs code in line 83 in traplistener.cs and goto the definition of it, does it say it can't find the definition? If you have the cs file, and it finds the definition of the class, then I'm kind of at a loss here.
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Hi Parnz,

Please make sure you use our solution and project files for VS2005. I did not yet have time to sync changes to VS2008 ones.

Thanks,

-Lex
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:21 AM
I have just checked in a new Change Set. Wish this time the problem is resolved.

-Lex
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:08 PM
Dec 13, 2008 at 6:31 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2008 at 6:34 AM
Thanks Lex
Thanks lister

Now I'm compile successfully but there is still one warning.
"Warning 1  'Lextm.SharpSnmpLib.GetRequestMessage.Send(int, int)' is obsolete    D:\Projects\sharpsnmplib\SharpSnmpLib\Manager.cs    114    20    SharpSnmpLib"

It say 'Lextm.SharpSnmpLib.GetRequestMessage.Send(int, int)' is obsolete, so which method to use instead? or Can I ignore this warning?

Thank You so much.
-parnz

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Hi parnz,

Please understand the warning like this,

I plan to change some low level interfaces of the ISnmpMessage derivatives. For example, GetRequestMessage.Send will be replaced by GetResponse. But I will make sure that Manager component remains the same.

However, I decide not to remove Send immediately, so I mark it as [Obsolete].

-Lex
Dec 14, 2008 at 5:44 AM
Thank you so much, Lex

Thank you million times and happy new year too :)