This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to find CPU/Mem/NetWorkCard/DiskSpace OID

Topics: bug report (break and fix), feature request (I want ...), usage (how to ...)
Oct 22, 2008 at 6:01 AM
#SNMP is very Good, I'm very like her, my question:
1、CPU/Mem/NetWorkCard/DiskSpace OID for win2003
2、CPU/Mem/NetWorkCard/DiskSpace OID for linux;

Thanks!!
CPU
,内存,存储空间,进程数量,网卡负载 for win2003 or in Linux
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM
首先说中文吧:)仅靠#SNMP不能完成你需要的工作。在Windows的情况下,你需要安装SNMP相关的Windows组件,就像安装IIS等部件一样。然后你再阅读(或者用MIB Browser分析)通过安装而出现在Windows\System32下的*.mib文件查看哪些对象对应于你列出的几个项目。最后,就是写一个监控软件,每隔一定时间读取这些对象的数值就好了,这个时候你可以采用#SNMP来进行SNMP通信,也可以采用其他的SNMP函数库。Linux的情况就复杂很多,要看你安装的SNMP Agent部件是什么,如果是Net-SNMP的话,需要查看Net-SNMP相关的文档。其他的Agent应该也带有相关的文档。由于我从来没做过Windows或者Linux的类似监控软件,所以只能给你上面这些建议了。

Now let me translate those words into English so other readers can see what we discussed. The requirements hjbemail posted cannot be done solely by #SNMP. For Windows 2003, you need to install SNMP components/features like you install IIS. Then you need to read or analyze the *.mib files installed under Windows\System32 folder to know which managed objects in them can be used. Finally you can write an application to monitor the values of those objects. #SNMP or other SNMP libraries can be used to develop such applications. The case is slightly different because you must choose an SNMP agent at first (such as Net-SNMP), and then follow its own instructions. Because I never made such applications before, I can only provide some guidelines here.

-Lex
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:29 PM
Oct 23, 2008 at 6:30 AM
Edited Oct 31, 2008 at 2:17 AM
Thank you very much!

The problem is resolved
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM
Hi all, due to some unknown issue (probably because of Chinese encoding), last post here by hjbemail is corrupt. I just sent him a mail to ask if he can post again here in English.

-Lex
Oct 28, 2008 at 5:35 AM
Thanks,the problem is resolved. There is a new question ,how to get the disk IO infomation ?
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2008 at 1:51 PM
:) I am not the right person to answer this question because I don't have a Server 2003 box. You can read the *.mib files under system32 to see if there are objects for disk IO. If there are no items, I guess then Windows SNMP agent does not support disk IO objects and you may try another agent.

-Lex
Nov 3, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Thank you very much !

[????] ??????????????-????????