This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

TimeTicks Int64 Support.

Topics: usage (how to ...)
Jul 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Lex -

I have a situation where an SNMP TimeTicks variable contained a values that overflowed an Int32, which your code caught and threw an error.  I made a minor "hack" in the TimeTicks Variable object to handle this scenario.  Had you ever thought about supporting an Int64 TimeTicks field.  I don't believe that is an SNMP standard approach, but sysUpTimes on routers tend to be high and overflow the conventional datatype.

I just I would throw out that issue for discussion.  Maybe there is a different way to handle this scenario?

Thanks.
-brianb
Jul 31, 2008 at 3:41 AM
Edited Jul 31, 2008 at 3:46 AM
Hi, brianb,

It is my fault. After rechecking the mapping from SMI to C in Chapter 11 on page 329 of "Understanding SNMP MIBs", I found that Unsigned32/Gauge/Gauge32/TimeTicks/Counter/Counter32 should be mapped to unsigned long (U32). Therefore, the current mapping in #SNMP is wrong (I wrongly mapped them to Int32). This is going to be fixed soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Aug 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Hi brianb,

This bug is fixed in UnicornHorn Refresh (1.1). Take a look at it in Releases tab above. :-)

-Lex
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:14 PM
Aug 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM
Hey Lex -

I appreciate the quick response.  I am sure your fix is better than my "hack". 

I will download and test out the release.  I also see you released reduced validation on GetTable.  I believe that will help me out as well.

Thank you.
-Brian