This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Compiling the latest code

Topics: usage (how to ...)
Jun 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM
I downloaded and ran SVNBridge, used TortoiseSVN to get the latest source code. I downloaded and installed AssemblyInfo Task from the link provided in Readme.txt. However, opening the solution in Visual Studio 2008 Professional and attempting a compile, I have failed so far. I have shutdown the workstation, opened the solution several times, I still keep getting the same error -

Error    8    The "AssemblyInfo" task failed unexpectedly.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '.svn\text-base\AssemblyInfo.cs.svn-base' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at Microsoft.Build.Extras.AssemblyInfo.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)    SharpSnmpLib

I am running Visual Studio as an administrator on the workstation that is running Windows XP Professional 32-bit with Service Pack 3.

I shall very much appreciate if some one could please give me a clue on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
indyfromoz.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Hi, sorry for this late response (I thought CodePlex would remind me if there were new discussions here, but it didn't). The issue you met is a famous one for AssemblyInfo Task.

Please open up Microsoft.VersionNumber.targets in the source code, and modify this,

<!-- The items that get processed by the task -->
  <ItemGroup>
    <AssemblyInfoFiles Include="**\AssemblyInfo.*"/>
  </ItemGroup>

to

<ItemGroup>
    <AssemblyInfoFiles Include="**\AssemblyInfo.*" Exclude="**\.svn\**\AssemblyInfo.*"/>
  </ItemGroup>

Hope this help.

Jul 1, 2008 at 10:07 AM
I got the latest source and the above appeared to be changed, but it's now a slightly different error:

Error    1    The "AssemblyInfo" task failed unexpectedly.
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '_tfs\text-base\AssemblyInfo.cs.tfs-base' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at Microsoft.Build.Extras.AssemblyInfo.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)    SharpSnmpLib

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2008 at 11:33 AM
Please open up Microsoft.VersionNumber.targets in the source code, and modify this,

<ItemGroup>
  </ItemGroup>

to

<ItemGroup>
    <AssemblyInfoFiles Include="**\AssemblyInfo.*" Exclude="**\.svn\**\AssemblyInfo.*;**\_svn\**\AssemblyInfo.*;**\_tfs\**\AssemblyInfo.*"/>
  </ItemGroup>

Hope this help.
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:38 PM
Jul 1, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Thanks! The build is ok now.

lextm wrote:

<ItemGroup>
  </ItemGroup>

to

<ItemGroup>
    <AssemblyInfoFiles Include="**\AssemblyInfo.*" Exclude="**\.svn\**\AssemblyInfo.*;**\_svn\**\AssemblyInfo.*;**\_tfs\**\AssemblyInfo.*"/>
  </ItemGroup>

Hope this help.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Why am I getting this error while building the solution?

The "AssemblyInfo" task could not be loaded from the assembly AssemblyInfoTask, Version=1.0.51130.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35. Could not load file or assembly 'AssemblyInfoTask, Version=1.0.51130.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available. SharpSnmpLib
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Hi, please download and install AssemblyInfo Task from the link provided in Readme.txt. Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:38 PM
Jul 8, 2008 at 8:36 AM
Got the latest source today using cpc.exe, and got the following error:

Error    1    Unable to create a manifest resource name for "FormIndex.resx". Could not find file '...SharpSnmpLib\Browser\FormIndex.cs'.    Browser

Forgot to checkin the file "FormIndex.cs"?
Jul 8, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Got it working. My bad for not reading the readme.txt