This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

What do you want from #SNMP?

Topics: feature request (I want ...)
Coordinator
May 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM
Edited May 31, 2008 at 10:39 AM
If possible, please list items you want to see in future versions of #SNMP below.
Jul 2, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Are you able to provide some examples code or descriptions into how these classes work please?

I have got the trap listener working but I don't understand how to send Set or Get requests.
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Hi, several sample projects are included in the source code. And in 1.0 release, a #SNMP MIB Browser will be included to demonstrate power of #SNMP.
Jul 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Could anyone write an example on how to send a snmp trap message?

Regards
Coordinator
Jul 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM
At this moment, #SNMP Library focuses on SNMP Manager side, so it does not contain full implementation of TRAP that sends out TRAP messages.

However, you can read GetRequestMessage to know how to send a SNMP message, After that, try to enhance TrapMessage class yourself.

If you do not plan to do it yourself, please wait a few weeks. After releasing the MIB browser for 1.0 release, I can spare some time on this.
Jul 9, 2008 at 9:54 AM
Ok sounds nice. I'll wait.

Regards
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Hi arpan, hope this is good news for you. In the latest build, I added a new project named TestSendTrap. You can see how an SNMP v1 TRAP message can be sent. Please check out and play with it.
Marked as answer by lextm on 10/6/2013 at 9:38 PM